Sunday, November 2, 2014

Marbella, Spain

Hola a todos!

Marbella is a little city on the Mediterranean coast. It's in the South, 40 minutes from Malaga. Marbella has a very famous port called "Puerto Banus" where luxury stores and yachts are part of the scenery. I would say that Marbella is like a Beverly Hills or St Tropez. There are a lot of foreigners, from all around Europe and even the US. Because of that, everyone speaks English as it is the common language.

Marbella is a very touristy destination in the summer, but starting late september the city is more peaceful. I loved the diversity of its people but it was a little bit too "bling bling" for me. For someone who wants to go out and party, or has the means to go shopping in expensive stores, Marbella is the perfect spot. A lot of celebrities and important personalities go there on vacation, so don't be surprised if you encounter Paris Hilton in one of the nightclubs!

The weather was perfect, sunny and hot enough to go to the beach. I went there in October and felt like it was August! I carpooled to Marbella on my way there and took the bus on my way back to Madrid.

Check out www.blablacar.com which is a very famous website in Europe for people who want to carpool or sell seats in their car. It can be cheaper than taking the bus, or faster.

For my way back, I took a bus from the compagny "daibus".

The transportation cost me 60E in total.

I didn't book a hostel because one of my friends from home lives there so I just crashed at his place.

I would definitely recommend Marbella to you, its famous nightclubs, Puerto Banus and the Ocean club ( which is a little expensive but so worth it).

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment