Friday, January 16, 2015

Routines

Hello readers,

I would like to share with you some of the things I do in Madrid and my routine during the week and the week ends.

Well when I first arrived I was very excited and wanted to explore the city. So for the first three weeks, my friends and I walked around Madrid and used the metro when our destination was too far. We visited the main monuments, famous avenues and neighborhoods, tapas places and cafes. We did a lot of shopping and enjoyed the wonderful weather to go tan at the Retiro park. We also went to the school's gym at least once a week. We went out every night since bars and some clubs are open every day.I started planning some week end trips with my friends for the months to come.

After a month and a half or so, we slowed down on the going out 4 nights a week and tried to limit it to twice. We went to the museums when we had nothing to do on the week ends. I probably went to the Reina Sofia Museum at least 5 times. The Retiro park was my favorite place to go on a lazy saturday or sunday but also when I had free afternoons. I would rent a boat and row on the lake, feed the ducks and enjoy the breeze.

Also, every day my roommates and I would nap after class for at least an hour ( sometimes four!!). It's called "la siesta".

Towards the end of the semester, we got very lazy and would spend our free time in our rooms watching tv shows and videos or talking to friends and family on skype and facetime.

However, we always found time to go get a nice meal somewhere in the city, in Sol or Atocha, or our neighborhood Argüelles. I personally love frozen yogurt and "llaollao" was my new favorite place. Also, there is cafe/restaurant chain in Madrid called "100 montaditos" where all their tapas are 1 or 2€!!!! Everytime I was hungry or did not have a lot of money on me, I'd go there and have little sandwiches wich chips and a plate of fries or nachos.

Thanks for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment