Friday, January 16, 2015

Reflections

Dear readers,

Going to another country for a long period of time is never easy. Understanding a language you learned in high school or college but spoken by native people can be difficult and frustrating. But I noticed that being in total immersion helped me a lot, espacially living with a Spanisb host mom. I improved my Spanish like never before!!

Also, it was the first time that i was truly and totally independent. At home, I live with my parents so there are certain rules to follow, I can't leave the house at 1am and come back at 7 my dad would never let me!!!! I don't have my own car so I depend on my mom a lot to go everywhere. At school, there are rules. We can't drink, have a lot of people over, and public transportation is nearly inexistent. In Madrid, I don't need to rely on anyone for transportation, there is a metro and tons of buses. Cabs aren't really expensive. I can leave my apartment and come back whatever hour suits me. I love having that freedom and independance.

Lastly, traveling around Europe showed me how beautiful our world is and it is now my goal to visit as many places as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment